The final 4 miles were along the sea-front at Rhyl - I went over there as I fancied a change of scene and it was something a bit special to finish with. Basically, along the front from the border with Kinmel Bay to the end of the Promenade and back is just under 4 miles, so a bit of a detour along the beach to make up the difference is what happened.
The detour, half-way through the run did not merely go along the beach. To celebrate the end of the challenge, what better thing to do than not merely run along the beach, but keep going and make a splash in the sea. It was fantastic!
So, now that I've dried off, cleaned the salt and sand from every nook and cranny and had a night's sleep, how do I feel now ? Tired, but fantastic!
There have been times during the challenge when I could not believe how tired I have felt. On the other hand, I also feel that I've been sleeping a little better, but perhaps not significantly so.
What has struck me in recent days is that a number of people have commented on how well I'm looking! It's kind of them to say so, I feel good, it must have helped with my fitness, and I feel somewhere between fighting fit and fit to drop!
I said at the beginning of blogging about this challenge that the principal of Sabbath rest is important. It is. All training schedules allow for rest, it is instituted in Genesis 2 and is one of the 10 Commandments found in Exodus 20. 30 days without a break is clearly in breach of that. Yet somehow, I feel that I can be forgiven.
I had doubts as to whether or not it is possible. It is. If I can do it, anyone can!
It's said that after successful completion of a challenge, allow yourself a little treat. Last night, when making a decaffeinated coffee before going to bed, instead of putting milk in, I used Baileys. How decadent ! But it was very nice as a little treat. I don't really feel like going out for a big celebration - that could easily undo all the benefits I have gained from this, but I am out for a meal with friends tonight, and no doubt they'll be keen to ask about how it all went and how it feels.
Maybe in the days to come, more thoughts will come through my mind. If that is the case, I will post further in due course.
Many thanks to all who have encouraged me these past 30 days - it's something I would consider doing again, but not right now. The CVM challenge is now talking about running 3 times a week, which is what I try to do anyway.
May I wish all readers of this blog "Your very good health"

No comments:
Post a Comment