Thursday, 3 December 2009

Advent

I'm aware that a week has passed since my last posting here.

It is now Advent, and the season began with a retreat at Loyola Hall, near Liverpool. I had to leave a bit early, well, very early on Advent Sunday morning in fact, to get back here in time for my services, but it was very good, and a good opportunity to start Advent by being still before the rush really gets underway.

I led a prayer at the switch-on of the Kippax Christmas lights tonight - I don't think it was the best performance I have ever given, but back-stage I had a brief chance to chat with "Eric Pollard" or Chris Chitill. We have met before, at JFK Airport, New York, back in the year 2000. We were both there to run the Marathon a few days later - I think he did rather better than me, but never mind that now !

So, Advent is with us, the Christmas lights are up, we are looking to Jesus, the light of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment